[TYPO3-project-4-3] Header / Footer class for BE and FE

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jun 16 10:30:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> In case it goes to the Core: please generalize before 4.3 is shipped.

yes, will do.

> I still wonder why I would need that property.

for very easy reasons: page will render faster if JS is placed at end of
page. This is suggested by many experts, like YUI speed up tips or Yslow.

Browsers behave different - if JS code is placed at end of page, you'll
see content of page before loading the JS files.
For instance the google analytics code should go to end of page always,
as when google is offline the page is not blocked.

> May I declare parts to be real inline? I mean I may want to add some
> general code (which should be moved to an external file), yet want to
> add JS code that is page specific. If everything is moved to external
> files I end op with a multitude of them.

this concept isn't finished. It should be possible to define for each
part if it will be concatenated or not, so you'll have all control over
it. The way how this will be done is unclear for now, it anyway will be
done in a step after this.

vg Steffen