[TYPO3-project-4-3] fe_group SQL-statement, question out of curiosity

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Tue Jun 16 04:55:57 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> Not every function is and should be overloaded by DBAL. Basically only
> t3lib_db (and some functions of the installer and EM) are and should be
> handled by DBAL.

  Do you think in this case we should make the mysql-frontend a bit more
propriatary and optimizing and leave the DBAL-frontend stay with the excessive
SQL-statement? The FIELD-statement (is a value one of several) is also worth to
create a function-path for, and purify the existing SQL-creation with it a bit.

  I'd make a patch, though I don't want to interfere with your optimizing work
on the db-frontend. I was just curious because I probably make recursive
set-inclusion for fe-groups for the admin-panel and then that one part of the
statement will be 95% of the entire statement.

  Ciao
	Niels