[TYPO3-project-4-3] 4.3.0 vs. 4.2.7

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 12 21:35:33 CEST 2009

>> Since each singleton will be gone after the request ends, this has
>> to be done again and again and again, instead of doing it once by
>> creating a file called "currentCacheCombination.php" or however you
>> may call it, that could be used until the setup in TYPO3_CONF_VARS
>> changes.
>
> I see. BTW, that's true for other classes as well. Maybe we can think
> about a strategy to which objects can be created and stored/serialized
> instead of being instantiated again and again.

So one of the tasks would be to improve the concept of the framework itself.
But there are other tasks, that could help to improve performance regardless
of the overall concept.
Each of the methods used in the framework must be checked, improved, tuned
or maybe rewritten so that it fits it's particular variant best.
It's not just about the DB backend, since AFAICS there are some serious
conceptual bugs within the methods of the other variants as well.

Don't know if this will be possible within the roadmap for 4.3, but we
should give it a try.

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian