[TYPO3-project-4-3] 4.3.0 vs. 4.2.7

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Jun 11 19:52:13 CEST 2009

hi again,

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> As an additonal scenario I think it would also be interesting to see
> performance results of the trunk revision before autoloading and after...

I have already an idea how this results would look like.... :-/

I think sooner or later the most of you will accepts the results of this
tests.
But what are the consequences?

No customer will be interested in a new TYPO3 version which is 25% slower
than the former version. OK, we can say that 4.3 offers cool new features
like the possibility to choose different caching backends for each cache
table.
But honestly, I doubt that the majority of the TYPO3 users/admins will
benefit from this. Their focus will be the performance.
(and btw: I did also some tests with 4.3 using apc, memcached...
-> the db-backend was always the fastest and it was always slower than
4.2.7)

So. How do we solve this?
Ideas please.

greets