[TYPO3-project-4-3] Variation for TypoScript "if"

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Jun 11 12:50:33 CEST 2009

JoH asenau schrieb:
>>> Here follows the syntaxt for a sane version of "if":
>>>
>>> if = <COMPARISON>
>>> if.not = <boolean>
>> [SNIP]
>>
>> I think that's still as confusing as the current version.
>
> Mee too. The stuff you posted makes it even more complex than it already is.
>
> Based on the current TS syntax I could imagine a more simplifying approach:
>
> True, false and positive ould stay as is once the useless "value" has been
> removed. stdWrap could stay as well.
>
> if.isTrue = 1
> if.isFalse = 0
> if.isPositive = 2

But this is exactly what I find confusing, that the
operators/comparisons are properties. Multiple operators can be used at
the same time which I find disturbing.

Coming from the syntax above one can come to this variation:

if.value = ..
if.comparison = isTrue

My proposal went further and turned the comparison/operator property
into a TS-oject:

if = TRUE
if.value = ..

Maybe that's not the important if the operator is a value or an object,
but it must not be a property as it is now.

Masi