[TYPO3-project-4-3] Variation for TypoScript "if"

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Wed Jun 10 14:19:42 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe some more usual way of expressing a condition would fit better the
> understanding?
>
> if = $a > $b
> if.a =
> if.b =
>
> if = ( $a AND $b ) OR ( $c and $d )
> if.a =
> if.b =
> if.c =
> if.d =

this wouldn't work in the current codecompletion of t3editor, since we
don't parse the expression on the right side. therefore you won't get a
context sensitive help popup if you type "if."

i think martins approach is pretty cool, would stick to this, and it
would be fully supported by the codecompletion. don't know how important
this is to you, but i think we should care about it- typoscript is still
one of the top reasons typo3 newcomers tear their hair out :)

--
Best Regards
Stephan Petzl