[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Tue Jun 9 23:10:15 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i got a message from an agency i work for, that they loose clients for
> TYPO3 because of our competitors in market with other CMS. Reason is not
> how they work under the hood, main reason is the look of BE.
>
> One mainpoint is the starting screen in BE. In TYPO3 the start looks bit
> "old fashioned" and user feels alone with starting jobs.
>
> I know we are one of the best CMS, but the look TYPO3 sells at less than
> fair value.
>
> The screenshot i attached is the starting screen from Joomla, and as
> much i dislike the CMS i have to admit that the start screen looks a way
> better. Even if i start my IDE i get a start screen like this.
>
> So i think we should work on this for 4.4. Remember that start screen is
> the first people see when they come to TYPO3

  If it's just about the start-screen (and not an entirely new BE), why not
simply create biiig icons for the modules and display them biiiig in a more
grid-like landing-screen? :)
  The wizard also has biiig icons of the otherwise little icons for all the
records, just to look nice. BTW that (the wizard) could also be grid- instead of
row-mode.
  The TV page-template wizard has a grid, it's just not very full most of the time.

  Ciao
    Niels