[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Sebastian Gebhard s.gebhard at markenmotiv.de
Tue Jun 9 08:14:47 CEST 2009

Dan Osipov schrieb:
> I think Sebastian was referring to the frames in BE
Exactly. My point was not to get rid of the page tree or any other
feature. I'd just re-order the elements.

ModX is not very popular (yet) but it has a nice and intuitive Backend
Design (http://modxcms.com/learn/screenshots.html). When you had a
design like that and set up access for editors correctly, it will be
much more comfortable for them.

I'd like to emphasize once more my point about Usability testing. Just
yesterday Jacob Nielsen published a new article about how important real
data from usability tests is for any UI that want to be taken serious.
He always emphasizes that Usability tests do not need more than 5
observed users to find a lot of usability issues.
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/guesses-data.html
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20000319.html