[TYPO3-project-4-3] BE Roles in TYPO3

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Sun Jun 7 11:57:37 CEST 2009

Philipp Gampe skrev:
> so, basically that is somewhat like the tast center, but easier to find
> and use for the editor?
>
> Im still puzzeld how much the roles will be able to archive and what
> they are really doing

Actually, it's pretty simple.
You can turn every be-group into a role. And then switch between your
roles. When you have activated role B, then role A, C and D are
"detached". It's like A,C and D are not assigned to the user.

Because a role is essential a be-group, you can define webmounts,
filemounts, which modules and fields should be accessible and more.

This means that if you separate all the things which are specific for a
section of your site, then your backend will become more simple.

Why? Because when you have activated the news role, then you will only
see what is relevant when being a news editor.
* You will _not_ see the link catalogue or forum modules. And maybe you
will even not see the page module (you decide if it's necessary for
being a news editor).
* Also you will only see the part of the page tree which is relevant. In
this case maybe only the news sysfolder and the news list page are
important.
* Just as important, you will only see the content elements and records
which are relevant. This means, if you have a sysfolder which is shared
between calendar, news and other stuff, then you will only see the news
records. This also means that if click at the create a new record
button, you will not get the complete list of irrelevant records to
create, but only the news and news catagory records.

Soon I will try to record a video to show off the extension :-)

/Stig