[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Andreas Kundoch Andreas.Kundoch at mehrwert.de
Tue Jun 2 10:39:57 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

this is really a good point, BE interface needs to be improved.

> One mainpoint is the starting screen in BE. In TYPO3 the start looks bit
> "old fashioned" and user feels alone with starting jobs.
>
> I know we are one of the best CMS, but the look TYPO3 sells at less than
> fair value.
>
> The screenshot i attached is the starting screen from Joomla, and as
> much i dislike the CMS i have to admit that the start screen looks a way
> better. Even if i start my IDE i get a start screen like this.

Du you know the extension »modern_skin«? It's quite like the screenshot
you sent (starting screen). I also like the idea of this skin because it
gives the BE a more »application like« interface.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/modern_skin/current/

Andreas