[TYPO3-project-4-3] Re: [TYPO3-core] RFC: #11458: Russian chars in the comments are encoded wrong when changing the stage of an element

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jul 17 00:04:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>
>> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>>> Hi!

>>> I would a big +1 to this idea. Seriously.
>>>
>> i would vote with both foots and hands too, also seriously!
>

> Let's make a fork: typo3-legacy-free. :)
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

I would make it real and make:
1) forceCharset set to deprecated in 4.5
2) Make BE completely utf-8 only
3) let Datareader / writer do the translation to any configured charset

for following reasons:
1) No conversions in normal actions
2) No charset joggling when interacting with javascript
3) when use XML, it's utf-8. When JS does something, it's utf-8

And JS will do more and more in the future.
This is maybe a bigger cleaning action, but less stressful in the
future. At the moment we can have some constallations which make charset
conversion nearly impossible.

vg Steffen