[TYPO3-project-4-3] Tiny enhancements to "new record" links and wizard

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Jan 26 20:50:41 CET 2009

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Gaumond schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
>> I think the result now looks a lot better than before.
>
> Better, indeed.
>
> But still, the alphabetical order is a technological one, not a human
> expected one.  ;)
>
> In your screenshot, "Domain" is before "Alternative Page Language". So
> the sorting must be based on the label. That means that the order would
> be different if I look at the list in French vs. English... Maybe not
> consistent but logical for the human being. And frankly your editors
> will not switch language often...

the sort order in the groups are defined by extension author (it's the
order defined in TCA. I don't want to touch that as this order normally
makes sense.

What i do is ordering the "Groups" (which are the extensions). This
order is by default random which doesn't make any sense.

So i order alphabet, but you can define a priority with TS, lets say you
define:
options.newRecordWizard.order = News,T3Blog
then this two groups are at the beginning (after page and content, they
are always on top), the rest will be followed by alphabet.

So you can define any order you want.

vg Steffen