[TYPO3-project-4-3] extJS files

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 26 08:37:36 CET 2009

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Mind, I don't want to use the single files. I just thought that we could
> use one that doesn't contain everything. I really don't think we need
> the Air stuff in our standard JS file in the BE.

Single larger file may load faster than several files that are smaller in total. Browsers by default do not enable pipelining and number of fetches from the same server is limited to 4 files or so. So if you have to load 10 files, it will load them much longer than a single file.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team