[TYPO3-project-4-3] Tiny enhancements to "new record" links and wizard

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 23 20:32:12 CET 2009

Hi,

Uschi Renziehausen schrieb:
> I do no your feelings here :-)

good one :-)

>> Currently, plugins and and records are listed based on the order they
>> were installed which doesn't have any meaning to the end user.
>>

> Does that mean that for immediate needs I could simply reorder
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['extList']?

not this one. I'm not sure how to handle but any config to change the
"visual" order which has nothing to do with the loading order.

>> Alphabetical order would certainly be an improvement and later on some
>> way to force commonly used plugins and records to the top of the list
>> would be even better.
>
> But the alphabetical order should respect levels then, correct? So we have
>
> Cal
>  - A Cal
>  - B Cal
> News
>  - A News
>  - B News

yes, that's what i expected to be.

>  From a GUI point of view I could imagine having boxes around stuff that
> belongs together (far future).

in a tree? wouldn' look very good.
But i would add this "halfline" which makes a bit more space between
group entries (tehy are used on top)

vg Steffen