[TYPO3-project-4-3] Browserchecks

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Jan 21 11:55:07 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

>>> i dont event know which browser versions exactly have to be
>>> supported... (dont beat me - i m new to this)
>>
>> Testing against the latest stable version of major browsers would be
>> the least. Regarding IE I think that we are stuck making the core
>> compatible with IE6 even if it's a pain because TYPO3 stands itself as
>> ECMS and many enterprises did not upgrade to IE7 yet.
>>

> i don't think so. I make sites for civil services, and they still use
> IE6 through. It's no problem if some pixels margin are missing or such
> tiny stuff, but it has to work.

Exactly! That's the point. My post was perhaps not clear enough. We have
to make sure TYPO3 (I mean the core and standard extensions) are still
compatible with IE6 even if we all agree that it should not exist
anymore anywhere in the world :-)

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html