[TYPO3-project-4-3] What is missing?

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Wed Jan 21 11:01:30 CET 2009

Hi Steffen, hi yall,

ive changed some mails with olly bout a fix im working on:

its mentioned in the core api docs that
"MM relations has been tested to work with flexforms if not in a
repeated element in a section."

Besides being not completely correct [1], this becomes an issue for
people who aim to use Templavoilas flexible content elements together
with DAM, which is not possible on the one hand and seems to be not
widely known as not possible on the other...

At the moment the fix is done (as a set of xclasses), under heavy
testing and will likely go into production end of this or next week.

Id love to suggest the needed changes after the tests and hope it´ll
make its way into 4.3 removing the bugnote above from the docs.

Is there some defined or recommendable way how to suggest besides an RFC
on the core list? I think I should describe my ideas in some way, maybe
provide a testingextension or stuff - its not really a nobrainer and I
hope that some of you will join to check, discuss and correct.

cheers
pekue

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10165