[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJS directory structure in 4.3 in broken

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Jan 3 14:06:08 CET 2009

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> as extJS will be included in 4.3 first time, existing plugins will use
> the extJS-extension ore have own package on board.

Some of them rely on extjs extension or have a setting that defines where ExtJS is located. As I explained in my first message, having many copies of ExtJS is bad for the performance of the web site. TYPO3 copy of ExtJS cannot be easily used in existing extensions due to bad directory structure.

I wonder why the structure was changed from the default? What was the reason for it?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team