[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJS directory structure in 4.3 in broken

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 2 21:57:57 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I just noticed that ExtJS files in TYPO3 do not follow directory structure of ExtJS. Typically a library is unpacked and its directory structure is unchanged. For unknown reason TYPO3 contains adapters directly in the typo3/contrib/extjs, while in the source distribution they are located in the ./adapter/XYZ/ext-XYZ-adapter.js.
>
> Changing directory structure is bad. Imagine if someone already made plugins that use ExtJS. Imagine that the site also uses 3rd party non–TYPO3 application with ExtJS. Normally you would wish to have a single copy of ExtJS and just make symlinks or use 'extJSpath' constant in the extension to point to ExtJS directory. This simplifies updates and ensures that client caching works for ExtJS files. It is quite important for practical ExtJS usage.

i don't see a big problem here as including the files are 3 lines.
What i think is more important is to prevent double includes.

If patch with logout-popup will find jis way, we already have extJs in
backend.php

The other place is template.php where i suppose a method for include
extJs, otherwise people include the libs in their own way and then we
have big performance problems.

vg Steffen