[TYPO3-project-4-3] Disable Versioning and Workspaces

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Sat Aug 22 19:48:15 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> "Disabled" is not the same as "removed". I would prefer to disable them by default bvecause they seriously affect the performance.

full ACK.

I made a little ugly hack (see attached patch) to demonstrate how easy
it is to make versioning and workspaces
a) invisble and
b) not eating up performance.

the switch to enable/disable versioningWS is the extension "version"
which is not in the list of required extensions anymore.
Disable it and all buttons pointing to versioning and WS will be gone.
If "version" is enabled, all will work as before.

this is of course no offical RFC - I'm shure this patch has potential
for improvements.

considering performance this patch should speed up at least the BE list
module quite well because it saves one sql query per displayed record.

Note: I attached 2 patches, the one with _w in the name was made with
stripped whitespaces for better reading.

greets
rupert