[TYPO3-project-4-3] Disable Versioning and Workspaces

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:39:48 CEST 2009

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> In real life more than 90% of my clients don't use versioning or
> workspaces, so why not give an option to disable it? There are such a
> lot queries only done for finding versioned records which are not needed
> if you don't use it, and disabling would boost performance a lot, i'm sure.
>
> So, what is your opinion?

It is not easy to disable v&w. Unfortunately it is spread all over the core. Many queries use workspaces fields now (and oit slows down the whole core).

But I am a big +1 for making this feature optional and returning to a more optimal SQL in case if these features are disabled.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd