[TYPO3-project-4-3] Disable Versioning and Workspaces

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Sat Aug 15 12:46:06 CEST 2009

Hi.

On 14.08.2009 21:07 Steffen Kamper wrote:
> workspaces, so why not give an option to disable it? There are such a
> lot queries only done for finding versioned records which are not needed
> if you don't use it, and disabling would boost performance a lot, i'm sure.
>
> So, what is your opinion?

Does that mean moving WS and VS stuff into sysext?
This task means working on the fundamentals of TYPO3. Is it worth the
investment? WS and VS are nested so deep in TYPO3 core.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see TYPO3 core getting more slim. But
IMHO the costs are high. Will the performance gain also be that high?

P.S.: get in contact with Sonja Scholz, I remember she was recently
digging into workspaces.

--
cheers,
Steffen