[TYPO3-project-4-3] Fluid CSSEngine folder structure

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian at kitsunet.de
Mon Aug 10 10:24:13 CEST 2009

Stephan Petzl wrote:
> Christian Müller (Kitsunet) schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> as the CSS Engine is beginning to take shape I have to make some
>> decisions about folders, so I wanted the opinions of the other
>> developers.
>

> what does this engine do? what can i use it for?

Sorry, this has gone in the wrong list, should be TYPO3 v5, but I think
it will be integrated into extBase and so be usable in 4.3 too. But the
questions are designated for another list.

The CSSEngine allows you to use certain "filters" on your CSS files,
these filters can be added as plugins. For now I will start with plugins
for merging CSS files into one and parsing special constants you can
define (eg. putting your colors in a central place so they can be
changed easily and the CSSEngine will make a "normal" CSS file out of
this). But more things could be done of course, maybe a shrinker that
eliminates whitespaces or you could embed your background-images into
the CSS file
(http://www.websiteoptimization.com/speed/tweak/inline-images/).

cheers
Christian