[TYPO3-project-4-3] TCEforms extJsified

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Apr 29 09:28:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

Steffen Ritter schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,
> one questions with opens up to me: Is there a real improovement by
> changing the tabs to ExtJS?
> Im really for adding new ExtJS features where it might improve the work
> in BE, clearing stuff, making access easer etc. But with this, I just
> see a "new look". And in behind I think about about much mor memory
> consumption and blown up code (in comparism to current tabbing).
>
> I personally think we should not introduce ExtJS in positions already
> working fine - just for fun until 2 things are fullfilled:
>  - t3skin for ext
>  - new features have to be implemented or overworked since there are bugs.
>
> Feel free to show up the "real advantages" to me :) Like to hear about
> it...
>
> regards Steffen

yes, there are enhancements.
* dynTabs doesn't look really like tabs, difficult to style, plans to
change them are there for a long time now
* code is much smaller, the php and js one
* dyntabs are difficult to save status of open tab. It's done numeric,
so if you add a tab saved status is wrong
* extTabs has a scrolling feature: no second row, all tabs are in one
row. If space doesn't fit you get a scroller
* easy to use API to change a tab, add dynamic, disable, open a tab etc.

these are some, may be there are more.

vg Steffen