[TYPO3-project-4-3] Gabriel core integration

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 24 18:52:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> Most Trunk on Forge is +300 days old... Who's the maintainer?
>
> Julle.

Actually all the latest developments have been made by Markus Friedrich
and myself. The Forge version should have been released ages ago, but it
never happened, I don't know why (Julle is still the extension key
owner, so we depend on him).

I'm fully in favour of having Gabriel in the core. I strongly dislike
having every extension providing it's own cron job and would love to
have a single cron job to set up for each site. Having Gabriel in the
core will definitely improve its visibility.

I'm ready to help with that as I have already done quite some work with
it, but I agree that it may be a bit short for 4.3, unless we can make a
rush for it during T3DD09.

Mind that I think there are some bugs in the scheduling, but I haven't
had time to run proper tests recently.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter