[TYPO3-project-4-3] ExtJS State Manager - help wanted

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:40:35 CEST 2009

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> That's why I wanted to retain the Ext.<package> part. I tried to add a)
> the info that the codes belongs to TYPO3 but extends (builds upon) ExtJS.

"Ext." is for ExtJS code. It is like t3lib_ in TYPO3. No one is supposed to use t3lib_ in TYPO3 extensions, it has to be tx_, right? Same in ExtJS: they use "Ext." for their classes. This way they prevent conflicts with custom classes. Imagine if you create Ext.session.AjaxSession and they create the same in ExtJS core...

You can use "Ext.ux." or TYPO3's own prefix. For example, for the ExtJS-based portal I use "DmitryDulepov.iPortal":

================
	DmitryDulepov.iPortal = Ext.extend(Ext.ux.Portal, {

		defaultType: 'iportalcolumn',

		initComponent: function() {
			Ext.Panel.superclass.initComponent.call(this);
			Ext.EventManager.onWindowResize(this.adjustPortalLayout, this);

and so on. This way I ensure that my classes do not conflict with theirs. I should have used package of course but this code is too experimental for production...

> I'm also happy with something like TYPO3-Ext.<package>.<class>.

Shouldn't be underscore instead of dash (JS syntax)?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/was-your-e-mail-to-typo3org-rejected.html