[TYPO3-project-4-3] Flash Uploader - Version 1 (patch updated)

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Apr 15 00:45:40 CEST 2009

Hey Xavier,

yes. I found that the latest patch of mine wasn't using the latest
additions to the core (e.g. not the new AJAX call etc). So I updated
everything, and we're now having a working version that I find quite
stable. I removed all the code cleanup in the patch and put it in a
separate patch (it's in the BT #10895 [1]), so it's a very clean patch,
and it would be easy to review as well.
I also tested it quite a lot in Mac / FF3 now.

I finally got the Localization done using Ext's String.format function,
it is currently implemented as strings in the backend.php, but it should
be fairly easy to get out of a XML file (just using $LANG->LL). Olly and
me thought of a new Object in JS (TYPO3.LLL) to store the localization
strings in the backend.php, depending on the language. Right now it's in
the backend.php file  as inline JS, but I think we can find a way to get
this in an external JS file (one separate JS file per language).

So, the next tasks are:

* IE Testing (IE 6,7,8, will start right now)
* Getting this thing in the core (this week!)
* Streamlining Localization for Javascript in the Backend
* Documentation about Localization in the Backend
* Documentation about the Flash Uploader in the Backend

All the best,
Benni.

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10895