[TYPO3-project-4-3] File references, Multimedia

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Apr 7 01:10:57 CEST 2009

Christian Kuhn schrieb:
> Hi Steffen.
>

> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> I really hope to get some testers.
>
> Great work! I am following the evolution of this patch, and did some
> basic tests yesterday. I will probably have to backport this to 4.2 for
> a project, once it stabilized.

thx!

> Quicktime didn't work on my system, but it was ok on some others, so I
> need to sort out a local problem here.

what happens, do you have qt installed on the system? Do you see
alternative Content?

> The swf player might have a license issue, it's the one from
> http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/ right? If yes, it's
> Creative Commons attributes denies commercial use, which is a show stopper.

this player is often used, also within wordpress. I don't think that
there are license provlems.
And if so, i ask a friend of mine for building a simular in flash.

> The file references had some problems with my setup, related to the
> "absRefPrefix" line (maybe my setup is wrong here), I did a nasty "will
> eat your children" hack to fix this (the player did a GET relative to
> its own location and didn't take subdir settings into account).

if you don't set them in config, they should be empty. Set them to same
value as baseURL to get full qualified links.

> mp4 files then lead to a black screen for me, ideas welcome.

works for me with flash player out-of-the-box

> URLs shouldn't be limited to http only.

no. There are streaming server with own protocol, or https. All should
be possible.

vg Steffen