[TYPO3-project-4-3] File references, Multimedia

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Apr 6 21:33:16 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen.

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> I really hope to get some testers.

Great work! I am following the evolution of this patch, and did some
basic tests yesterday. I will probably have to backport this to 4.2 for
a project, once it stabilized.

Quicktime didn't work on my system, but it was ok on some others, so I
need to sort out a local problem here.

The swf player might have a license issue, it's the one from
http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/ right? If yes, it's
Creative Commons attributes denies commercial use, which is a show stopper.

The file references had some problems with my setup, related to the
"absRefPrefix" line (maybe my setup is wrong here), I did a nasty "will
eat your children" hack to fix this (the player did a GET relative to
its own location and didn't take subdir settings into account).

mp4 files then lead to a black screen for me, ideas welcome.

URLs shouldn't be limited to http only.

Greetings
Christian