[TYPO3-project-4-3] File references, Multimedia

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Apr 2 19:48:50 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> thx for your comment. In general having these CEs they are render
>> definitions.
>
> OK, let's make a definition first :)
>
> A content element (CE) is an element that an editor (author) chooses in
> the BE to place on a page.
>
> A content object (cObj) is a Typoscript object that a site admin
> configures via, well, Typoscript.

hehe - yeah, first there are both cObj(ects), second i enabled also the
CE's using them. They can be used, but also can be hidden.

> So I guess that it's not a problem for a cObj to support both files on
> the server (uploads or fileadmin) as remote files (http). But there is a
> difference for an editor as file uploads and URL input cannot usually
> not be done in the same field.
>
> Masi

yes, not possible in one field (without advances user-function)
At the moment there is the normal file-field, and in Flexform the
flashvars etc, where you can define the URL (i have to make it work
without file and "file: xyz" in flashvars, atm i return empty if file is
missing)
Also remark: swfobject always stream the data, also with direct file.

vg Steffen