[TYPO3-project-4-3] Extended Problem Report

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Sep 20 17:17:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Haven't really looked at it, but keep in mind that Fracois took over the
> "cc_devlog" development and forked it into a TER-available extension
> called simple "devlog". Maybe you can get in touch with him to see what
> can be done about it?

Yes, it would be good to keep in mind all the possibilities for
debugging/logging, which I already outlined in the original thread.

Regarding the devLog, I have raised a point in the DAM Team list after
having found a hard-coded reference to cc_devlog which would have its
place in this discussion. [1]

Basically the parameters passed to t3lib_div::devLog() are a message, a
severity, a key (extension key or some core reference, e.g. Core/DB) and
optional extra data in the form of an array.

What devlog/cc_devlog additionally does is to retrieve the current page
id when called from the FE context (from TSFE). However it would be
convenient to be able to store a page id in a global variable also from
another context (BE, AJAX, etc.) whenever it makes sense, so that devLog
tools could make a reference to it. It is worth thinking where it would
make sense to store that page id. $T3_VAR? Somewhere else?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

[1]