[TYPO3-project-4-3] changing the page cache to use the new caching framework

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Sep 18 09:44:09 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
>> If you mean it will break extensions that clear cache_* tables, I say
>> "Do it!" :) TCEmain should still clear cache properly after this change.
>
> Well, actually that came to my mind, too. The caching system doesn't
> have a real API and is not used very often anyways, and direct
> operations on the cache tables are bad, too. So it's not that a big
> issue as I first thought...

Another thing to think of: easily clear cache for a given cHash. I think it should be really easy with your proposed scheme, isn't it? Just use tag with cHash and that's it, right?

>> addTags or addCacheTags?
>
> whatever, this was just a quick brain dump

Let's to addCacheTags, otherwise we can conflict with any future tagging feature :)

>> Looks like we will need certain rules for tag names.
>
> I'd say that extensions should just prepand their tags with tx_EXTKEY_

Perfect!

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team