[TYPO3-project-4-3] changing the page cache to use the new caching framework

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Sep 18 04:29:14 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> May an extension/plugin also modify the cache expiry time? Let's say the
> page starts with the default of 24 but the news plugin for a some site
> thinks 2 hours is enough then it could change the value on-the-fly (only
> reduce, never extend).

not after the entry is saved in the cache (not yet at least), however
Martin Holtz' patch in the core list would enable this at least for the
point were the stuff is written to the cache.

However, I regard this a bonus feature right now with a "should have" or
"nice to have" status.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner