[TYPO3-project-4-3] Splitting t3lib_div and having autoloader instead of inclusions

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Sep 18 04:25:10 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Masi,

>> But it relies on the database for implementation. Do we really need such
>> a heavyweight code? DB down => auto loader breaks? Doesn't sound too
>> compelling to me.

Well what's the difference to now? DB down => TYPO3 down, right?

Also of course we don't need everything they do. Drupal relies on
functions a lot, we don't, so we already only need to care for classes.

Of course it could be an option to have all class->file relations stored
in a huge array and then have that stored serialized. This however would
  slow down the system because of the huge array. I rather find it
better to look only the requested classes/files.

I don't know whether you noticed this fine bit, but they store which
classes/files were needed for a certain URL path/menu entry. We could do
this too when binding it to the cHash or the pageId, right? This would
totally justify the use of a DB, wouldn't it? You could look up all the
files needed for a page with a single query.

does that sound good?

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner