[TYPO3-project-4-3] changing the page cache to use the new caching framework

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Tue Sep 16 12:50:20 CEST 2008

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> biggest con though:
> * it would break backwards compatibility

What does that mean exactly? What won't work anymore?
Maybe we could have a best-practise suggestion for extension developers
to keep the behaviour in their extensions still working...

> pros:
> * way more flexible
> * easier to use
> * (maybe / depending on the chosen cache backend) faster
> * we would have tags on the cache entries

I'd like to see the more general and extensible approach you suggested.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 4.3 Release Manager