[TYPO3-project-4-3] indexed_search for 4.3

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 15 12:31:43 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> this is independent from used pagebrowser as these links are compiled in
> an extra function of IS, the pagebrowser used is the one from pibase.

Yes. Table-based and not really customizable.

> As the pibase pagebrowser is conceptional for usage from extensions, is
> there a possibility to enhance that one or exchange with yours?

I do not think so. tslib_pibase cannot have templates, etc. It even cannot have localized strings unless we include them to cms ext.

Having a standalone extension is better. It can be sent to TER with TYPO3 version requirement < 4.3 and people can start using it right now. If it comes as sysext, people do not have to do anything when system is upgraded. Admin sismply uses sysext instead of the same ext from TER.

tslib_pibase code can be changed to check if page browser is installed and use it. If not installed, skip to old method.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team