[TYPO3-project-4-3] MVC for 4.3?

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Sat Oct 18 10:24:20 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

this is a short update after the TYPO3 Transition Days 2008 in Berlin
concerning the MVC issue:

In perspective to FLOW3/TYPO3 5.0 the migration of TYPO3 v4 extensions
shall be easy, flexible and of course functional correct. Thus, TYPO3
4.3 will come with the following:

* MVC pattern for extensions ("extbase") as alternative to pi_base
  - backported from FLOW3
  - with marker based templating enging (as it is now)
  - some small enhancements to the templating, like loops
  - helper class that reflects to current functionality of pi_base, like
searchbox, browseresults, controls for front-end editing, ...
* kickstarter extension that supports the MVC paradigm and creates an
accordant skeleton

There will be a separate annoncement about what the v4 and v5 Core Teams
discussed and decided at the TYPO3 Transition Days.

olly

--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Release Manager 4.3