[TYPO3-project-4-3] little icon problem

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Nov 12 15:46:02 CET 2008

Hi benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> Now, what is the purpose in general: If force is gif and it's not
>>> found, should there be a fallback to original filename?
>>>
> Well, how about a behaviour on checking for the forceFileExt (.gif),
> then for the other one (.png) and then for the default file name?

this makes it complicate i think. The reason for this option was (if i'm
right) if you have same file in different versions (gif,png) which isn't
the case at least for core or t3skin.
I also think it's overhead converting all icons on the fly to forced
fileextension. As all icons at the moment are gif or png, the simple
fallback is enough in my eyes.

> Personally, I would like to change all icons in t3skin to .png for 4.3.
> I also have all the new icons from Jens flying around, well, if we want
> them in 4.3 we shouldn't wait too long for that..

that should work out of the box - convert all to png and set
forceFileExt to png per default.

vg Steffen