[TYPO3-project-4-3] INSTALL.txt

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Nov 8 19:49:54 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Could you please add the locations of the htaccess files?
>> First FAQ tells to rename all htaccess, but no hint where to find.
>
> Done locally. Now it looks like:
>
> Q: I get "500 Server error" when I navigate to TYPO3 web site
>    immediately after installation.
> A: Make sure that AllowOverride allows "Indexes" in Apache
>    configuration. If you cannot ensure this, rename .htaccess files
>    to _.htaccess. TYPO3 will run but considerably slower. Here is
>    the list of the files to rename:
>             typo3/contrib/.htaccess
>             typo3/gfx/.htaccess
>             typo3/mod/user/ws/.htaccess
>             typo3/sysext/.htaccess
>             typo3/sysext/t3skin/stylesheets/.htaccess

More important: When encountering a server error, the reason is always
written to the Apache error log. You should tell about this, too
(because there could be more reasons than the above).

On the other hand, it should also not become a total beginners manual.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out