[TYPO3-project-4-3] Is it time to ship optimized TYPO3 by default?

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Tue Nov 4 17:25:42 CET 2008

I have renamed all _.htaccess files you recommended in your blog on
Typo3 performance, and BE is still slow.
Using the performance tab in YSlow, I get:

This page has 19 external JavaScript files.
This page has 22 external StyleSheets.

Did I miss something?

I agree that those files should be included by default. Or maybe after
an installation the administrator should be directed to install those
files for better performance - that way if initial installation works,
but then breaks after the .htaccess is installed, the problem is easy to
isolate. Not sure on the best way to approach it.

FYI: First time I installed Typo3 4.1.2 it didn't work for me. I had to
google to see what it was. I generally expect scripts not to work
properly when I initially install them...

Dan Osipov
Calkins Media
http://danosipov.com/blog/