[TYPO3-project-4-3] Is it time to ship optimized TYPO3 by default?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 13:09:28 CET 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Because it breaks if .htaccess is allowed but not all . Why do I have to
> remove files from the source directory to get it working? Anyone who
> cares about his server can rename the files to improve speed.

The logic is broken. It is the same like saying "anyone who wants to
manage his site, can write a CMS". We are writing this CMS and our
job is to make it optimized for customer. We try to optimize code
but with this single rename we could get much better effect.

User should not do our work. It is our task to provide good ~defaults~.

> Anyway a "AllowOverride none" is not a problem as it simply disables
> .htaccess. The problem is if AllowOverride is set, but not with the
> required values Indexes or AuthConfig.

Exactly. So those who do not have this settings can either change it
or remove files.

Safety is good but currently it is not safety. It is shipping badly
configured product :(

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support