[TYPO3-project-4-3] Typoscript or TYPO3_CONF_VAR for default email address

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Nov 3 22:09:23 CET 2008

Hey guys,
Wanted to discuss a small feature for 4.3. Some of our clients who use
mailforms are frustrated when their emails go out as
nobody at random-server-name. This of course occurs because they didn't
specify an email address as part of the mail form, but it seems like a
case where a little Typoscript (or mayben even a TYPO3_CONF_VAR) could
be a nice way to set a default.

I'm sure there are other places in addition to mailforms (workspace
emails, various extensions with mailing capabilities, etc) that could
benefit from a good default email address too.

It's a pretty trivial thing to add, so I'm just curious if anyone else
sees value in it.

Thanks!
Jeff