[TYPO3-project-4-3] FYI: patch for autoloader is in the BT

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Nov 2 10:00:43 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

>> Is there no better way to bootstrap the system? So the initial run can
>> be invoked via the installer, which of course must use the good 'ol
>> "require".
>
> There is a system registry for this purpose in
> t3lib/stddb/autolod_*.ser. I though about installer too but I did
> not do it because (1) it will enlarge the patch even more and (2)
> not everyone uses 1-2-3 installer. We probably should add it to
> update wizard.

It could work like t3lib_cs: If it needs to access it's character set
database * it will create it if it's missing. There is no special
requirement that this code runs in the installer, the upgrade wizard or
the 1-2-3 wizard.

No need to click anywhere after an upgrade. It will be created when you
first load any TYPO3 URL.

I'd like to change the patch this way before I propose it to the Core
list, but I want to hear opinions before I do so.

Masi

* in t3lib there are some text files defining the Unicode and the
character sets. But for processing a compiled set of information
(arrays) is used. I thought about splitting up t3lib_cs, but Kasper
didn't like the idea. But I still think that creating a
t3lib_characterSetDatabaseBuilder - to use new style names - would make
the code more clean.