[TYPO3-project-4-3] Special Configuration for CEs

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat Jun 28 13:29:31 CEST 2008

"Steffen Ritter" <info at rs-websystems.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1214651643.18193.typo3-project-4-3 at lists.netfielders.de...
>I think must be an admin only field.
> For quick solutions this might be nice, but I think you will loose
> centralized structure of management and debugging will be much more
> complicated.
> So I'm not sure if I want such field or not.
>
> so far...
>
> regards
>
> Steffen

you never have a "centralized" structure as TS-settings is build from all
inherit scripts. Only OB shows you the "global" setting for this page.
This field allows only additional setting for the special element and
nothing global.

Debugging should not be complicated as you can disable the setting for this
element very easy.

The reason for the idea are some usecases which are very complicated to
achieve, but with this field one additional line could do the magic.

vg Steffen