[TYPO3-project-4-3] MVC for 4.3?

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Fri Jun 27 11:27:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

Daniel Pšötzinger schrieb:
> The idea is to just offer (and suggest) an alternative. The pibase
> should stay for compatibility reasons of course.

I could maybe provide such an alternative, taking some stuff from my
"oelib" extension.

Background: All of my older extensions are kickstarter-based. But soon I
found out that pibase lacks many functions, and so I started to put an
additional layer between the pi1 classes and pibase, providing enhanced
templating functions (hide/unhide subparts with just one command,
automatically filled-in labels, easy template loading etc.), an
automatic check for valid TS setup/flexforms configuration etc.

The code is very readable, well-documented and mostly covered by unit tests.

As we (the Seminar Manager and Realty Manager development teams)
currently are cleaning that up, I offer to provide that as a
pibase-enhancement for the core.

What do you think?

Oliver