[TYPO3-project-4-3] Better shortcut for pages

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jun 25 09:56:57 CEST 2008

Hi Ralf,

"Ralf Hettinger" <ng at ralfhettinger.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1214329122.18437.typo3-project-4-3 at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Steffen,
>
> many thanks for testing!

ndf ;)

> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> * shortcut mode makes no sense with page content
>
> I can see your point. But setting shortcut mode (first or random subpage)
> doesn't make sense using the shortcut doktype and explicitly setting a
> page to
> shortcut to, either - so this isn't much of a change, is it?
> However, atm I'm lacking of ideas, how this should be fixed. Any ideas?

yes, this is quite difficult. However i never used this setting before.
The setting makes sense if you set it to a page that has subpages and you
like to have a "random" shortcut
"first" is nonsense as you can set it explicit.

I don't have a real idea, maybe: remove "first" and add to label that this
setting only work with pages

>> * i can't differ after selecting if the shortcut is a page or a content
>> element (ok, the icon on the right shows it but it may be difficult to
>> recognize)
>
> Hm. I would have thought, that was enough ;) Any suggestions how to
> improve?

may be addition to label "Page:" and "Pagecontent:"

>> * browsing allows multiple select (with the +), the field only allows one
>> element
>
> That's true, thanks. Will work on that one...

thx

vg Steffen