[TYPO3-project-4-3] Dashboard and News

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jul 30 15:08:02 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it would be nice to have Dashboard as starting module in TYPO3.
>> Beside rss-feeds there could be a official TYPO3-news section where the
>> latest news is displayed. Important news can be read by any BE-User (or
>> admin only, may be configurable) and displays
>> * new releases
>> * security issues
>
> Nice, but TYPO3 news are probably for admins and a few editors with
> special responsibility. But why do something special for TYPO3 news.
> Those news can be served as RSS as well.
>
> OTOH, I think it would make sense to have in-site news. Messages from
> the admins to the editors. Here I think that it makes more sense to use
> a record based approach. Ideally the sources for the dashboard will be
> built in a pluggable way so that it's not limited to RSS and local records.
>
> Masi

Yes, i agree. i also thought about a "news importer" using records, but
could be also rss.

News for editors, that's something like sys_message or one of these
exts, IDRC now. There are some advantages.
Also Workspace news for reviewers can be displayed etc., something like
sys_todo ... i see a lot of possibilities :-)

Interface for extensions should be there that they can plug into
dashboard as well.

vg Steffen