[TYPO3-project-4-3] Dashboard and News

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Jul 30 12:41:27 CEST 2008

Hi olly,

Oliver Hader schrieb:

> The dashboard is on the list of unassigned ideas for TYPO3 4.3 - it
> would be a nice improvement to have an customizable central overview for
> editors in the TYPO3 back-end.
>
> Information about new releases or security issues should only be visible
> for admin users and not for each regular editor. However, I don't know
> what people think about software that is "calling home".
> But personally I like idea that is known from other systems showing
> module/package updates and stuff like that there.

I recognized such in Magento, where the start page of Backend also uses
a dashboard, and a popup told me that a new release is available.
I normally hate applications calling home, but TYPO3 is a web
application, and this is not for validate license keys :-) but useful
information.
Why should security issues only admin relevant? They are published on
t3org too.

> Currently nobody is working on a dashboard feature for the core - maybe
> Tim would like to do this himself?

I will ask Tim if he is interested and let you know about status.

vg Steffen