[TYPO3-project-4-3] Call for suggestions: Unit tests for the 4.x core

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Jul 17 10:18:11 CEST 2008

Oliver Klee wrote:

> So, everybody, please reply with a list of the top ten (or less) classes
> you'd love to get covered by unit tests. :-)

the easiest would be using a profiler and see which classes and methods
get called most.

However, tceMain is an important candidate, and t3lib_div is used very
often. For t3lib_div there are some important methods like those that
handle arrays but can be optimized, to ensure that they still work as
expected it would be cool to have unit tests for them. tslib_content
could be a candidate that needs optimization and also needs to work like
it does now.

In general I'd say that many classes in TYPO3 are quite hard to test as
their methods do many things at once.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner