[TYPO3-project-4-3] TYPO3 4.3 status report 27/2008

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Wed Jul 9 21:47:28 CEST 2008

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> *Miscellaneous*
> TYPO3 Core Member Benjamin Mack just started to work on a mass file
> uploader for front-end and back-end disposal. This feature is based on
> Flash to enable multiple files to be selected from local harddrive and
> to be transferred to the storage server.

This definitely is a good idea.

Only thing I wonder is if choosing a different technique than flash was taken
into account during planning phase. E.g. by using an java applet (maybe the
swing filechooser component), it should be possible to implement drag&drop copy
files from local to server side (and even vice versa with a proper certificate).

It should even be possible to drag&drop copy directories and files within...

There already exists an (admittedly pretty old) extension which suggests this
idea of file uploading (I'll humbly admitted that I've never tested it...) named
ameos_dragndropupload.

I once took part in an implementation project of a similar applet (quite some
time ago) - though it was not TYPO3-related at all.
If you're interested, I'll be happy to spare what I can.

Cheers Ralf