[TYPO3-project-4-3] Global categorization

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 4 12:46:39 CEST 2008

Hi!

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> Dmitry, your energy is on rules and clean code. This is also great when
> "features creeps" like me ask for silly things.  :)
>
> On the other hand, I don't consider Categories as silly. In fact, from
> this day weak TYPO3 spots are those:

Neither me!!! Categories are not silly, that's sure! I'd like having categories in TYPO3 because they help to roganize things too! But I like having them as extension, not as a part of core. That's the only difference in my and your view :)

I'd like to see categories as a pluggable module (extension), which adds not only a field with categories but also adds a search by category and may some other nice things. Having it as extension will make development faster. Possibly later it can be moved to core but for now I'd like to have it as ext :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
http://typo3bloke.net/